What have you been working on?
We have recently released ApexSQL Monitor 2016 R1 which has many new features like Failover cluster support, Blocking queries, Query waits alerting, Helpful tips and improvements like new redesigned charts and improved Server overview screen. Click here to find more about these features and improvements.
Currently we are working on adding new features in ApexSQL Monitor 2016 R2 and working on performance and usability improvements.
We have also been upgrading measurements collecting engine in order to improve performance and usability and we are adding support for indexes monitoring, single alerts handling and query performance history.
Besides these improvements we are implementing SNMP trap alerting and improving custom measurements by adding support for custom system performance metrics.
What is the ETA to production?
ApexSQL Monitor 2016 R2 will be released in April.
For a complete schedule of all upcoming releases, please see our Roadmap
What are new features, improvements and bug fixes coming in ApexSQL Monitor 2016 R2?
Indexes – Monitor indexes, index fragmentation and other properties
- Query performance history – Collect and store query performance in the ApexSQL Monitor database repository to be able to analyze query details on request
Single alerts – Resolve alerts individually and generate proper reports
- SNMP trap – Receive SNMP messages when alert occurs on monitored SQL Server
- Custom system performance metrics – Add and customize system performance metrics
What are new features, improvements and bug fixes coming in ApexSQL Monitor 2016 R3?
- Web console – View performance charts and active alerts via web browser
- VM monitoring – HyperV and/or VMware performance metrics
- Custom defined alerts – Write user-specified queries to run against the monitored database or database repository
- Automatic baseline calculation – Dynamically calculate baseline values for the last seven days of collected data
- Baseline thresholds adjustments – After calculating baseline values and metric thresholds based on standard deviation, manually fine tune different thresholds for desired time
- SQL Server 2016 support
What are some features planned in the next release(s) and what are their ETAs?
Except adding new features, during upcoming releases, we will be focusing on improving quality, performance and usability of existing features.
The planned release date for ApexSQL Monitor 2016 R3 is Q2 2016.
Some of the improvements that will be added in the next releases are listed below:
- Wait stats grouping by categories
- Categorize AlwaysOn by Availability Groups
- Improve wait stats collecting mechanism
February 12, 2016