ApexSQL Backup 2015 R2 has been released
Type: Maintenance release
About ApexSQL Backup: ApexSQL Backup is a tool that enables managing and automating backup jobs while preserving the backup chain for easy point-in-time restoration (database rollback). In addition, it offers automation of backup, restore, and log shipping jobs, stores details of all backup activities and enables easy cross server backup management and maintenance. ApexSQL Backup offers instant backup creation, as well as instant backup restoration, and backup security is enhanced by automatically performing backup verification. All captured metric values and backup activities are automatically stored in a central database repository – a single SQL Server database which provides easy maintenance.
For more information, visit the ApexSQL Backup product page.
About this release:
- Run DBCC CHECKDB after restore has been added
- CLI support has been added
- Backup and restore history cleanup has been added
- Log Shipping by cc’ing local, then copy to network share and copy to secondary, and finally restore option has been added
- The application is now FIPS compliant
- 4 bugs and known issues fixed
May 29, 2015