ApexSQL Monitor 2014 R3 has been released.
Type: Major feature, medium fix release
About ApexSQL Monitor: ApexSQL Monitor is a Windows and SQL Server monitoring tool with a wide range of monitored metrics. It tracks Windows, SQL Server instance, and database metrics on multiple local and remote machines and SQL Server instances. It monitors the most important SQL Server statistics, memory, buffer, and page metrics – batch requests per second, user connections, target and total server memory, buffer cache hit ratio, batch requests, page life expectancy, page reads and writes per second, and more. Monitoring these metrics enables you to identify and troubleshoot performance problems, establish trends, and set baselines.
For more information visit the ApexSQL Monitor product page.
About this release:
- New system performance metrics: Logical disk free space
- New SQL Server performance metrics: Compilations/s, Recompilations/s, Index Searches/s, Forwarded Records/s
- New database performance metrics: Transactions/s
- Email notifications for raised alerts
- Multiple email profiles
- Option to execute SQL scripts or start a program on raised alert
- Fully customizable arranging of the metrics graphs
- Combine selected metrics in a custom graph
- Combine selected graphs in a custom tab
- Disable alerting functionality during the maintenance period
- The alert chart can be analyzed by clicking on “View alerts” button in the “Charts” window for charts with alerts
- Monitored servers can be grouped together
- Improved charts loading performance by up to 100%
- Alert period, email profiles and action profiles can be set from “Alerts” window
- The new servers added for monitoring will inherit configuration defined for its parent
- The communication port can be changed and firewall exception can be automatically added during the installation process
- 40 bugs and known issues fixed
October 31, 2014