What products do you cover?
- We cover ApexSQL Doc, ApexSQL Clean and ApexSQL Trigger.
What have you released lately?
- We released ApexSQL Doc 2015 R1. We’ve been addressing some performance, stability, and usability issues reported by our users, while also fixing issues noticed during testing. You can find everything about it on this link.
- We have also released an interim version, ApexSQL Doc 2015 R2. You can find the interim release here.
What are you working on now?
- We are working on resolving 100% of all know bugs on ApexSQL Trigger.
- We are also working on resolving all know bugs on ApexSQL Clean for maintenance release which we are planning for the beginning of the March. You can find everything about it on this link.
- We are analyzing possible improvements of ApexSQL Clean to make it a better tool and we will suggest new features for implementation.
What are the biggest challenges you’ve encountered lately?
- We have improved performance in ApexSQL Doc.
- Documenting process is now up to 50% faster for all output formats.
- Graphical dependencies documenting is now up to 23% faster, depending on the output format.
- We included data flow and control flow diagrams in SSIS documentation.
- We standardized UI of the Dependency Viewer. New design is Metro style, consistent with other ApexSQL applications, more attractive and user friendly.
What will be some upcoming releases we’ll see soon? (pls include ETA)
- We will release ApexSQL Doc 2015.02, ETA is by the end of this month. You can find the interim release here.
- We will have a maintenance release of ApexSQL Clean 2014.03, ETA is beginning of March. This release includes fixed all known bugs in ApexSQL Clean and improved Dependency Viewer. You can find the interim release here.
What are your current development priorities?
- Resolve all know bugs in ApexSQL Trigger and ApexSQL Clean.
- Our team is considering working on a totally new product (TBA) and is also considering some potential features for ApexSQL Clean including cleaning for a host of other types of issues besides unreferenced objects and/or BI enabling several other products like ApexSQL Diff and ApexSQL Clean.
February 25, 2015